15 November 2023
On December 12, from 4-5:30 pm EST, in partnership with CATIE – Canada’s source for HIV and hepatitis C information – and CanHepC, INHSU is presenting a webinar that will highlight international models for hepatitis C elimination and discuss lessons Canada can take into its own elimination efforts.
This webinar will present hepatitis C elimination strategies from the United States and Australia, two promising international models that can help inform Canada’s approaches to elimination efforts. These presentations will be followed by a panel discussion with experts leading Canada’s hepatitis C elimination efforts and explore what it will take to reach Canada’s goal of eliminating hepatitis C as a public health threat by 2030.
This webinar will be delivered in English with simultaneous interpretation in French.
- Rivka Kushner, CATIE
- Gregory Dore, scientia professor, program head, Viral Hepatitis Clinical Research Program, Kirby Institute; infectious diseases physician, St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney
- John Ward, MD, director, Coalition for Global Hepatitis Elimination of the Task Force for Global Health; professor, Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- Mia Biondi, assistant professor and nurse practitioner program coordinator, School of Nursing, York University
- Naveed Zafar Janjua, co-director, CanHepC; executive director, data and analytic services, BC Centre for Disease Control; clinical professor, School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia
- Xavier Tremblay, manager of STBBI policy, programs and partnerships division, Public Health Agency of Canada